Taking a cue from Autodesk, I thought I would throw some ideas out there for my Inventor add-ins and see if you all may have some ideas for them as well.
Swift Prints allows you to create templates for common printer configurations that you can quickly access later for one click printing of Inventor drawings.
Design Notes is a history based note editor for all types of Inventor files. This application adds the ability to tag notes to a file without the overhead of maintaining another database.
So here’s my list of ideas for the add-ins. Let me know if any of these seem interesting enough to pursue. I’m not saying I want to tackle any of these quite yet… but you just never know what may already be in the works.
- Design Notes: Sync tasks with Asana or another task/project management application.
- Design Notes: Dockable window from within Inventor to allow access to notes while working.
- Swift Prints: Print to cloud with one-click (Autodesk 360 or another CAD-in-the-Cloud solution)
- Swift Prints: Batch print functionality of all drawings in a folder or related to an assembly.
- Swift Prints: Accounting integration for customer billing of print jobs.
I’ll update this list if any other ideas come to mind. Thank you all.