This is a great discussion on the Autodesk forums on how to replace that old clunky FlexLM licensing software that Autodesk’s network licenses uses with the new web based FLEXnet Publisher.
Follow the discussion: http://bit.ly/yDgMpG
Here’s the simple steps to get going:
- Download and Install the FLEXnet application.
- Install. (You’ll need to make sure JAVA is installed on the server first)
- Create a folder called ‘adskflex’ under the folder where FLEXnet is installed. “C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\adskflex“)
- Copy the adskflex.exe vendor daemon file from the previous install of FlexLM into the new adskflex folder.
- Create another ‘adskflx’ folder under the FLEXnet license sub-folder. “C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\licenses\adskflex'”
- Copy your license file into the adskflx license folder.
- Run the lmadmin.exe application from the FLEXnet folder.
- Open your web browser and point it to: http://localhost:8080
- Click the Administration tab and login. Default username and password is ‘admin’.
- Click the ‘Vendor Daemon Configuration’ and browse for your license file to import.
- Paste in the Vendor Daemon location on the next screen. “C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\adskflex\adskflex.exe”